VHN supports individuals who have been receiving ORRS funding throughout their school years and continue to receive ongoing funding after leaving school. To be eligible you will be aged between 16 and 64 years; have a disability in accordance with the Ministry of Social Development (MSD) criteria; have been assessed by the Ongoing Resourcing Scheme (ORS)as having Very High Needs.
Very High Needs (VHN) Services will support you to:
- Identifying long and short term vocational and community goals
- Match your interests, capabilities and needs to services and activities
- Make a plan together to achieve set goals
- Encourage self-choice
What is our VHN Service?
- Tailor-made for you - your own holistic, individual plan
- Our VHN Coordinator is mobile and will come to meet with you, your family/whanau, and support people.
- The service is fluid in response to changes in your life
- It can align with MSD day programmes
- Our VHN Coordinator works beside you to implement your plan
- The plan is regularly reviewed to meet your needs.
Why choose our VHN Service?
- Make a plan for ongoing study, work or community participation once you have left school
- Get support for the activities you like doing now
- Set new goals
- Expand your horizons
- Try new things
- Participate in community services and activities
- Get out and about
- Make new friends
- Learn new skills
- Make your own choices
- Lead a fulfilling life
- Live your preferred life
Referral Form can be downloaded using the download button. Once you complete the form please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like any further information about our VHN Services please contact us on 0508 637 200 or email email@example.com, alternatively message.