How can the Transtion Services team help?
NorthAble’s Transition service will work with Ongoing Resourcing Scheme (ORS) funded students as they transition out of education to create a plan that focuses on their wants, needs, aims and aspirations.
Working with you, your whanau and your school, we will look at what you want to achieve within your life after school, and what steps or supports may be required to enable you to achieve this. We will draw up a plan that supports all the things you want to do, focussing on creating opportunities in everything from jobs and training to your hobbies, interests and activities. All the things that matter to you. Because we work across Northland, Te Tai Tokerau we can meet you somewhere that you are comfortable with, and as often as you need us to. We can even go with you as you trial your next steps, providing that little extra help you may need, be it directly or just a bit of moral support.
We know that what you want to achieve is personal to you, so we will work with you on a personal basis to help you be all you want to, and can be.
- We check if you are eligible for the transition service.
- If you are, we meet to get to know you and what it is that you want to achieve.
- A plan is drawn up with you that outlines what we are doing, and how.
- We work with you and other providers, such as your school and WINZ to bring the plan to life.
- We work together to track how everything is working out, and change things as needed.
- When its time to leave school, all the foundations will be in place to make this as easy as possible.
- If needed, we can work with you for a little longer just to make sure everything is going well.
If you would like any further information about NorthAble Matapuna Hauora Transition Services please do not hesitate to call us on 0805 637 200 / 09 430 0988 or you can email us using firstname.lastname@example.org