NASC Support Coordinator 1.0FTE
NorthAble is Northland’s primary Disability Resource Centre and has been serving local communities since June 1990. We offer a range of disability services, equipment hire and sales from the three buildings we occupy in Whangarei, as well as a mobile service that regularly visits regional towns throughout Te Tai Tokerau/Northland, providing disability information and equipment.
An opening exists to join our NASC (Needs Assessment and Service Coordination) team in a support coordinator role. This is an administration position with a strong focus on customer service by phone. Full in-house training will be provided to the successful applicant, so if you are an enthusiastic self-starter with an interest in working in the disability sector this is a great opportunity for you.
The successful applicant will have the following skills and attributes:
• Able to confidently communicate with people with disabilities and their families
• Excellent phone manner
• Organised, with the ability to prioritise and meet deadlines as required
• Intermediate IT skills – including Microsoft Office and working within a database system
• Attention to detail and accuracy in capturing client information
• Flexible and able to adapt to the needs of the wider team
• Able to maintain confidentiality
Your main duties will include:
• Contacting clients and their families by phone to complete service reviews
• Creating and maintaining electronic client files on the NASC database
• Completing all relevant data entry
• Providing admin support to the NASC team and wider NorthAble organization
A clean Department of Justice check will be required for this position.
Please contact Raewyn Fowlie, PA to CEO via email firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the Job Description and NorthAble Employment application form.
Applications Close 4.00pm Friday 19th October 2018
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.